Saturday, February 2, 2013


Today I finally sat down long enough to make something!!!! I got out my pasta maker and oven and made some clay beads. This was my first attempt at bead making and I must say that I was very pleased with the outcome. I used teal and black polymer clay to make coil canes.The difficult part was stretching the cane to make the width that I wanted. However,the more I made the easier it became.  Then I cut the canes into 1/2 inch segments and used a tooth pick to make the holes.I did use bead cores for some of the beads. They seemed to make a more finished look to the bead. I made round ones, square ones and then got a little adventurous and made heart-shaped ones. I also made some pendants that I want to use for necklaces. Here is a picture of some of my beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment